Please use the appropriate link to request a blog:
Faculty and staff members can request a WordPress website here.
Note: staff may make requests on behalf of York organizations. Faculty members may make requests for teaching and/or research blogs.
Student Organizations can request a WordPress website here.
Note: Requests will be made using your YU Connect account. If you do not have one, follow the link above to create an account.
- By default, all new WordPress websites are behind Passport York.
When you are ready for the site to go 'live':
- Log into the admin panel of your site and in the left navigation, select "Settings" > "Reading".
- Under Site Visibility select either "Allow search engines to index this site" or "Discourage search engines from indexing this site".
- Finally, click on "Save Changes". Your site will now be accessible to all visitors.
- If your website still has default content on it 90 days (3 months) after activation, the site will be deactivated. This is done to ensure that sites on York's WordPress system are actively being managed and that content is being kept up-to-date.